QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Q: What are you qualifications as a copywriter?
A: I have a B.A. in Journalism with a minor in English. I have combined that degree with a solid education from the state of the industry copywriting trainer, American Writers and Artists, Incorporated. AWAI has provided me with extensive copywriting training, including a thorough education in the niche of nonprofit copywriting.
Also, I have received Digital Marketing Certification and Social Media Manager and Director Certification from Collin College. The training I have received which benefits the nonprofits I serve includes:
- AWAI Web Copywriting Intensive
- Launch Your Writer’s Life – AWAI, Joshua Boswell
- The Simple Path to Success – AWAI, Joshua Boswell
- Take Your Copywriting to the Next Level – Robert Bly
- How to Make Money as a Freelance Fundraising Copywriter – Mary Guinane McNamara
- SEO Copywriting Success – Heather Lloyd-Martin
- Word Press I & II Certification – Collin College
- Business Intelligence Using Google Analytics Certification – Collin College
- Internet Marketing Using Google AdWords Certification – Collin College
- LinkedIn Strategies for Business Certification – Collin College
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Small Business Certification – Collin College
- Social Media Marketing Technologies (Basic and Advanced) Certification – Collin College
- Photoshop I Certification – Collin College
- Internet Marketing Using YouTube Certification – Collin College
- Email Marketing Certification – Collin College
- Facebook Blueprint Certification – Collin College
- Amplify Reach Across Multiple Social Networks Certification – Collin College
- Internet Marketing Using Targeted Content Certification – Collin College
Q: What is your experience and knowledge of the nonprofit sector that gives you the skill to write with credibility and passion about our cause?
A: I have spent decades doing media and marketing work for numerous nonprofits. My efforts have helped to expand existing programs, recruit donors and volunteers and educate the public about nonprofit missions. I have written speeches, newsletters and press releases. I also have written and created brochures, media packets and training program literature for nonprofits.
In addition, I also have considerable experience in nonprofit legislative advocacy, speaker’s bureau training, workshop training and special event, conference and fundraising program facilitation. I have walked the walk and talked the talk in a wide spectrum of nonprofit jobs. I know what makes them tick and how to help them effectively wind their fundraising clocks.
Perry Marshall, the renowned marketing guru who wrote the world’s bestselling books on Google Adwords and Facebook Advertising, created a Marketing DNA Test. He says his Marketing DNA Test is his latest innovation for helping sales people, marketers and entrepreneurs flourish in their gifted zone. I scored highest in the areas of Empathy, Analytics and Words. High scores in Empathy and Analytics are considered to be a rare combination. The addition of a high score in Words brings all three together to produce a strong skill package for a nonprofit copywriter.
Q: What kind of assignments do you handle?
A: Direct Response, Development Copy and Web Content are the top three services listed on my website Home page. Please see the additional services and estimated fees listed on the Services page of this website.
Q: Do you offer consulting services?
A: Yes, in addition to writing copy, I offer the following consulting services:
- Identify profit gaps – missed marketing areas and areas which could be improved to raise profits
- Campaign planning – to generate maximum response
- Website audits – a thorough review of your website, its content, design and layout
- Copy Critique – an objective consultation on, and a review of a direct response package, telemarketing script, brochure, ad or any other package on which you want feedback. This includes existing pieces and a draft of copy in progress. The copy critique is a detailed analysis of what works, what doesn’t and what changes are needed . . . and how.
Q: What does it cost to hire you for a project?
A: Please see the Services page on this website. It will give you an idea of the ranges on most services I offer. If you have a project that is not covered in the list, please let me know and I will give you a price quote.
Q: Who are your clients? What do they say about your copy and counsel?
A: Please see the Experience and Testimonials pages on this website.
Q: How long will it take to complete our copy assignment?
A: Depending on the project requirements – size, research, edits, revisions, I can have the project completed in two to three weeks. Research is a major factor that could require additional time.
Of course, during our conversations about the project, the deadlines can be determined to meet your marketing needs and goals. I commit to work diligently to complete the drafts and revisions to meet all deadlines. The first draft of an email project can be in your hands in four to five business days.
Q: What happens if we want to revise the copy?
A: I will do my utmost to provide you with copy that meets or exceeds your expectations. A couple of revisions are not unusual and your input is always welcomed. I look forward to working with you to define the project scope and timelines. During that time we can build in time for you to review the copy and suggest any changes you want. You are encouraged to send me your suggestions and we can schedule a brief phone call to discuss the changes and make sure your schedule is being met.
Q: How do I order from you?
A: It’s easy! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 214-564-2222. We will discuss your project and its details.
Q: What is it like to work with you?
A: My goal is to always communicate clearly with my clients and to thoroughly understand their needs and goals. My commitment to each project is 100% until the client is 100% satisfied. I will work with focus, determination and creativity until the project is polished to your satisfaction.
The actor, Liam Neeson, attended an event in which one of my clients delivered a keynote speech. He approached her after the speech and complimented her on the content and her excellent delivery. Prior to the event, I helped her with the editing of the speech and coached her on her delivery. She was thrilled with the outcome – her standing ovation and Liam’s compliment.
Former President and First Lady, George and Laura Bush were honorary chairs of a large event I co-chaired for CARE, the humanitarian aid and development agency. Among several tasks, I handled all the speakers’ scheduling, programming and scripting.
I provided each speaker with a script which showed the speakers’ lineup and the last paragraph of each person’s speech. By noting the last paragraph of the prior speech, they knew exactly when they needed to prepare to approach the podium. After the event, George Bush thanked me personally for my work. He made of point of telling me how much he appreciated the “heads up, you’re next” last paragraph printed in his speaker’s packet.
Your mission is my mission. Your success is my success – and that means your profile and your revenues are raised and your funding gaps are identified and filled.
I have promised you heart-connecting, education and message-balanced copy that weds potential donors to your mission. You have my assurance that the passionate copy I produce will resonate with your varied donor psyches and achieve, even exceed, your goals.
I look forward to talking with you to discuss how my services can accelerate your revenues, serve and retain your current donors and grow your donor and volunteer base.